Monday, July 6, 2009

How to eat a New Orleans Po-Boy!!

You have to smile, it's the best food on the planet. I know my dad has eaten a million, but he said this is the best he's had.
You have to take a picture of it, it's a work of art. This is a roast beef, ham and swiss po-boy! My dad's new favorite.

Open your eyes really big and take it all in!! My mom would close her eyes everytime I took a picture of her trying to take a bite, that's how good it is, but I asked her to open them wide for this one.


Open wide and let the gravy run down your arms to your elbows!!




Wash it down with a cold Barq's rootbeer!! When we decided to go to New Orleans last weekend my parents asked me what we wanted to do. I said what else EAT!! And eat we did!!



8 comments:

Momma_S said...

So lucky!!! Howard won't go to New Orleans until he gets back from Philmont for fear of gaining ALL his weight back in one weekend!!I've seriously considered driving there just for a Roast Beef Po-Boy. Guess I'll wait for Howard to go climb that moutain.

amee sorensen said...

Awesome post!! I'm so jealous! I've been craving those ever since I left. Especially Bear's po-boys!! And fried pickles! My absolute favorite now! Too bad for me KMarie didn't turn me on to Bear's until like my LAST week there!! ;) Oh well. It was still soooo good! Thanks KMarie!!
And thanks Cindy for rubbing it in!! ;)

Christy said...

jealous = me
covet = you

Tanya said...

Yeah! count me in on the jealous side. :) They do look yummy!

April Hardy said...

Wow! G'pas favorite is going to be the next one I try...but you can't go wrong with the fried shrimp poboy (never been much of a roast beef fan). I am SO jealous. Next time you go, let me know. Maybe Drew will fly me and the kids to you and then we can drive out there. They need to meet Mr. Weston! And I NEED a poboy and some Zapps chips!

Heather said...

Sure wish we were invited on your little trip to New Orleans!

Rebel said...

I LOVED IT! Mom, you are hilarious. Seeing those pictures really makes me miss Grandpa & Grandma. Once we move the first trip we take is to N.O. to see them. Andrew's never met G'ma!!!

Heather said...

I'm sorry if my first comment sounded harsh. I was just joking & only jealous! We definately want to take the kids to N.O. when it cools off so they can see their Great Grandparents & their heritage!