Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stone Mountain Georgia

Faren and I went to Atlanta and got to visit Stone Mountain. It brought back alot of memories, when we use to take kids and family there. We just brought blankets and sat on the ground and at dark they have a laser light show that is spectacular on the mountain. It's really cool.
I wish I could remember more of the history, but someone carved this right out of the side of this huge rock. I think he died before he could finish the legs on the horses. It's pretty awesome the way that it is though. It is so pretty in Atlanta so many trees and lots of green.
We use to bring picnics, like most of the people here and the kids would run and play. Faren and I had fun just watching and reminising about old times with the kids and family visits on that hill. By the time the show started the place was packed and it was a Tuesday night. We tried to take pictures of the laser show but they didn't turn out, it was too dark.


6 comments:

Rebel said...

OH MAN! I am sooo jealous! I've been telling Andrew about this for ages! I wanna go back sooo bad!

Kerrie said...

I remember going to Stone Mountain! Fun memories!

April Hardy said...

I am so jealous! I would love to take Drew and the kids. Autumn would sit for the lasers I think. Was it the same songs and laser show? I miss that! We sure did get to experience some neat things by moving around so much.

Cindy Ardis said...

Some of the music was the same and some new ones, but it all had the same feel, ya know good ole music.

Momma_S said...

Looks like fun. I remember many times we went with you guys like the night Dianna & Kevin got married. I ave to ask was it "Family Soul Fest"? You haven't teuly lived til you've been to Stone Mountain during the Family Stone Fest. Believe me we know!!

Cindy Ardis said...

Cheree, we missed Soul Fest by one week. I know it was a shame. I remember you guys going with us and Kevin and Dianna showing up. I think they got married that day, so it was a really big surprise to see them.