Monday, March 9, 2009

Double Trouble Update

I was just looking over my blog and realized a lot of progress has been made since my injuries. I am now bootless on my right foot. I've been able to wear a regular shoe for a couple of weeks now. I am back to driving and teaching my Primary class, which I love. I will probably have the boot on my broken ankle for awhile longer, my grandkids keep asking me when is it going to get better. I still use crutches, but around the house I cheat and hobble around with out them. In about three weeks I may be able to get a smaller and lighter boot, it's going to take awhile to heal because when the bone broke it split apart, so it's going to take awhile to fill in with enough calcium to heal properly. It's actually the bone just above the ankle that broke. I think it's called the fibia. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to much anymore except when I am on it alot then the swelling and throbing are pretty uncomfortable. But it is so much better, I'm very greatful.

No comments: