Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Family Reunion vs Survivor

I was thinking last night about the reunion and how some people may not be into camping all that much. So I thought I'd cheer you up!

Most of you have seen the tv series Survivor, I know some of you have Survivor parties. (you know who you are) Anyway, think of the reunion as being a contestant on survivor with a few exceptions:

1) You don't have to walk around half naked. You can bring more than one outfit.
2) You don't have to go to the bathroom in the woods, there are bathrooms.
3) You don't have 1/2 cup of rice and few bugs to eat, Chris has planned 3 gourmet meals a day.
4) You don't have to sleep on the ground, you can bring an air mattress or cot to sleep on.
5) You won't have to worry about earning amunity, noone is going to get kicked out of the camp.
6) You won't have to worry about not winning 1,000,000 dollars.

Okay it's nothing like survivor!! In fact compared to survivor it's like going to the "Four Seasons" a 5 diamond resort.

Don't you feel better. Just so you know Chris had nothing to do with this message I take full responsability.

Love you all, Cindy

8 comments:

April Hardy said...

This made me laugh. You are so funny. Oh and it's not ammunity, it's immunity you win on the show. :) Who has survivor parties? Why am I not invited??

Cindy Ardis said...

Oops should of checked my spelling.
Glad you laughed!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome and funny! Just a couple of changes. I already told some people they can walk around half naked! There may be some people kicked out of camp and there are already some alliances forming. All the other stuff is true! Thanks Cindy you are the best!

Christy said...

While those things are a relief... I'm already feeling anxious about the whole thing. I think I'll try a weekend camping trip locally first, so that the first time I try it with Parker I'm not 12 hours away from home.

Cindy Ardis said...

Come on Christy,you have one sweet little boy to worry about, did I tell you about the time we went camping for a week with 5 little kids. Staci was 8 months old. So we were filthy and tired, we had fun. (Only your mom could seem this unsympathetic,) love you!!

April Hardy said...

Drew is pitching a tent in the backyard for him and Autumn to practice sleeping in. We're going to let her pick her own sleeping bag to hopefully encourage her to stay and sleep in it. But once it warms up we want to go camping too with the kids so we can get a better idea of what its going to be like.

Heather said...

April & Christy - I hope your first experience is a good one. Do you remember Bryce as a baby - be cried alot to say the least. We took him camping when he was 5 months old. I took everything I could think of, including the swing, to make it better. But the kid did awesome! He didn't cry at ALL the whole trip. He loved being outdoors. There was so much to see that he was so happy. So, hopefully the kids will surprise you. When we lived in TN we went camping ALOT because the kids acted better when we were camping than they did at home. So, try not to stress to much - I bet they will do awesome.
And Cindy - that was a funny post, but you are usually pretty funny.

amee sorensen said...

Love it Cindy! Very creative! What a great post. It was fun reading.
Alliances...Chris.. I wasn't invited.. haha. I guess I'm on my own. But I'm very sneaky and smart...

Thanks Cindy. You're awesome!