Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Housing Crisis

Good news, our home in AZ has been rented. It has been a year now that we have tried to sell it and then rent it. It was a hard decision to rent it, because it is a nice home and we put a lot of work into it. We are glad an LDS family is renting it because Faren built me a food storage room in our third garage that only an LDS family could appreciate. And we feel they will take care of it. The housing market in AZ is one of the worst hit in the country. Around the time we tried to sell it prices plummeted greatly making it hard for people to get out from under their morgages and sell their homes and has resulted in millions of foreclosures. Unfortunately, the family renting our home found themselves in that situation. Our house is in a great neighborhood on a cul-da-sac and they have children so I hope they will be as happy there as we were. I hope that our country can rebound as soon as possible from job loses, home forclosures and what ever else is threatening our way of life. If you find yourself if any of these situations my heart goes out to you. And we are here for each other. Things will get better, we need to be strong and like my dad said, be grateful for our testimonies and stay close to our Heavenly Father.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome! I didn't know you got it rented! Is Dad gonna meet the family this weekend?

Rebel said...

Dad texted me the night he found that_ i am sooo happy for you guys. That has GOT to be a good feeling! I love you two soo much!

April Hardy said...

Phew! What a relief. It is weird to think that someone else will be living in your house. It never bothered me before when you sold a home and moved because I went with you and never saw the house again. But I am still here and can see the house if I want to...which I don't. But I do want to use the pool. :)

April Hardy said...

p.s. and it is nice to know that for 2 years you don't have to worry about selling it, you can just let the money come to you from renting it. And then if and when the economy is better you can make a bigger profit than you would have a year ago.

Cindy Ardis said...

Yes, it is weird to me too, that some else is living in our house. We've never rented before just sold and never looked back. I wish I could of taken the pool with me, I miss it too.

amee sorensen said...

What a relief, I'm sure! So glad you were able to rent it - even though you were hoping to sell! But, at least this could put your mind at ease a little!

Hope you're doing ok, with your little problem(s)....your ankle and foot! ;( Love ya!